Child(ren) Held Hostage

I hope this Blog will prove helpful in the recognition and useful in deterrence of Parental Alienation.

I will undoubtedly be using this blog in part as a therapeutic venue. I will also use this blog as a communication portal to my children if they should choose to use it.

"Parental Alienation is about parents who place their own selfish needs above those of their defenseless children and in doing so, they deny them their right to love and be loved by both parents. Alienators do not fit the stereotype of the deficient and ill-equipment parent. Instead, these parents are generally articulate, resourceful, and competent in all other aspects of their lives – except in the realm of parenting. In fact, these individuals might easily be mistaken for ideal parents, except to the properly informed, because they profess love and concern for their children. What sets these individuals apart from other dysfunctional parents is their overwhelming commitment to meeting their own needs first. In doing so, they destroy the relationship their children have with the other parent – at whatever cost. ” Dr. Reena Sommer - Internationally Recognized Divorce and Custody Consultant
Don't forget to click on one of the videos below for powerful information!

Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving...

This is a day to reflect what we have to be thankful for. While I have much to be thankful for, I can not help but to also reflect on the damage inflicted on children and parents of the alienating parent and their soldiers. It is a shame that more isn't done to stop these monsters within the legal system. While there is nothing that can be done to cure the mental health of the alienating parent, the damage inflicted by them can be minimized by minimizing access to the children.
Since our divorce process was initiated in 1999 and the first visitation court order was put into effect, Matthew (my namesake) and I have had no holiday time together. With Brooke, we would have our Thanksgiving festivity the very next opportunity we had together after the holiday had past. Occasionally, I attempted to have Thanksgiving dinner prior to the holiday to ensure that we could have the memories because I never new the next contact I would have with her. Without going through all the documents, I am confident in saying that Brooke spent only one Thanksgiving day with our family.
Memories lost and relationships lost. That is an alienating parents motive. To destroy any and all relationships outside of their inner circle. This retains control of their children's outside influences and prevents them from engaging in healthier relationships. The only relationships the children have are dictated by the alienating parent. I believe that this way of life emotionally cripples the child.

Matthew Jr. doesn't and most likely will never know his extended family. Brooke on the other hand has knowledge of her extended family and remembers some of them as I was able to remain in her life long enough to nurture some sort of relationship, a sense of belonging.

The pictures below will bring back memories for her as they do for me. I am thankful for having this time with her and the others in the pictures.
While her Great Grandparents Jack (now deceased) and Joann (her mothers alienated family), and Grandpa (my dad), only saw Brooke when I made it happen, she enjoyed them as as much as they enjoyed her with what little time we all had. The picture with her Grandpa Graham was the last time that I know of that Brooke spent time with him at our after Thanksgiving dinner. 
Great Grandparents Jack and Joann, and Brooke of course.

Step Grandma, Step Mom,  Grandpa. and of course Brooke, again!




Sadly, it was reported to me through attorney's, a judge, GAL's that Brooke reported to them that I wouldn't allow her to prepare her plates and that I insisted in doing so at meal time. Brooke also reported that she believed me to be putting something in her food which caused her drowsiness after eating.
What a shame! Ultimately this notion came about to ruin any good times spent with me or our family. The alienation took on a life of it's own! Sick, just sick I tell you.

This Thanksgiving was spent quietly and comfortably. No drama and no allegations to combat. While I miss spending time with my daughter, I am Thankful that I had time with her and others that were a part of her life.


No comments: