Child(ren) Held Hostage

I hope this Blog will prove helpful in the recognition and useful in deterrence of Parental Alienation.

I will undoubtedly be using this blog in part as a therapeutic venue. I will also use this blog as a communication portal to my children if they should choose to use it.

"Parental Alienation is about parents who place their own selfish needs above those of their defenseless children and in doing so, they deny them their right to love and be loved by both parents. Alienators do not fit the stereotype of the deficient and ill-equipment parent. Instead, these parents are generally articulate, resourceful, and competent in all other aspects of their lives – except in the realm of parenting. In fact, these individuals might easily be mistaken for ideal parents, except to the properly informed, because they profess love and concern for their children. What sets these individuals apart from other dysfunctional parents is their overwhelming commitment to meeting their own needs first. In doing so, they destroy the relationship their children have with the other parent – at whatever cost. ” Dr. Reena Sommer - Internationally Recognized Divorce and Custody Consultant
Don't forget to click on one of the videos below for powerful information!

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Another Adventure on the Horizon...

We feel another adventure is on the horizon.

 Sadly there are people that never get the opportunity to experience such awesomeness as this!

Sadly there are people out there that never take the opportunity to experience such awesomeness as this. What a country we live in and it is available for us to enjoy!

We made the decision several years ago to give birth to new traditions. I always said that if something got in the way of my spending time with and having contact with my daughter that I would set goals and follow a different path in life. As no one knows how much time we have in this life, it became clear to me that I had to follow a different path than I was on back in Winston Salem. I would have continued to suffocate and slowly die from...

While it is a different life that we live today, it has been a happier, more fulfilling life. We have set the goal of spending each and every holiday in a different part of the country, if not the world with and without other people. We experience different celebrations and traditions. One celebration and tradition that remains to be constant is that we (my better half) and I share these things together.

During most visitation with Brooke, we would travel outside of Winston-Salem. I so wanted to instill with her the wonders that were available to us to enjoy. Another truth be told, an equally important reason to get away from WS was to get away from Brooke's mom. Brooke's mom would often be suspiciously near when Brooke was with me (us).  Parental interference was her goal and she was and still is a master at it. Without doubt Brooke knows that there is a world other than the one her mother created for her. She can escape the life that was handed to her just as I escaped the life I thrust myself into when I met her mother.

I chose to live without drama created by others so that I may live well.


No comments: