Child(ren) Held Hostage

I hope this Blog will prove helpful in the recognition and useful in deterrence of Parental Alienation.

I will undoubtedly be using this blog in part as a therapeutic venue. I will also use this blog as a communication portal to my children if they should choose to use it.

"Parental Alienation is about parents who place their own selfish needs above those of their defenseless children and in doing so, they deny them their right to love and be loved by both parents. Alienators do not fit the stereotype of the deficient and ill-equipment parent. Instead, these parents are generally articulate, resourceful, and competent in all other aspects of their lives – except in the realm of parenting. In fact, these individuals might easily be mistaken for ideal parents, except to the properly informed, because they profess love and concern for their children. What sets these individuals apart from other dysfunctional parents is their overwhelming commitment to meeting their own needs first. In doing so, they destroy the relationship their children have with the other parent – at whatever cost. ” Dr. Reena Sommer - Internationally Recognized Divorce and Custody Consultant
Don't forget to click on one of the videos below for powerful information!

Monday, August 10, 2015

The rest of my life...

For the rest of my life, from time to time, I will have moments of flashbacks. A few days ago I was watching TV, which I rarely do. TV causes the brain to gel in my opinion and we can all do without it.
The program was about a mother that had taken her daughter to another country when the daughter was about the same age as my Brooke was when her mother and I separated. When the daughter in this program turned 20 years of age, her father as she grew up with, passed away and the daughter learned that she had a biological father that she didn't know living in the US. The daughter's father continued looking for his daughter for many years to no avail. He never gave up his hope for finding his daughter nor did he ever stop loving her. The bio father knew she was somewhere but where. The daughter was torn and stood beside her mother even when she was extradited back to the US and later convicted for child abduction.

The daughter never knew her bio father. Thanks mom!

While this daughter grew up in a good home and given every possible opportunity for success, the daughter was lied to and robbed of so much. Thanks mom!

The daughter spoke with her bio father only once, for now. The daughter returned to the country that she grew up in to continue her life as she had grown to know.

Mom, after being released from jail, being on probation for some time after, was required to live in the US and continue to live the life she had lived before the abduction.

Mom in the US without her daughter, and bio father having only met his adult daughter once, living without her, still longing for that bond with his daughter  is still lost with a big hole in his life.

For the rest of his life, he will feel the loss as I can imagine that I will.

We love our children till the day we pass on to our after life.

2 comments:

GTriest said...

My ex took my child away from me in 2011.
Since then I saw her for one hour periods of time, and then soon after virtually not at all.
And the courts enforced this at the point of a gun.
Temporary custody to the mother, strict therapeutic visitations only, and then total restraining orders.
And believe it, I had done nothing wrong, except trying to be a dad to my daughter.
I have no violations of court orders, of any family offenses, no DV, no abuse, no nothing, and I requested visitation 15 times during a custody trial that has lasted 2 years and is still going on into 2016.
The family court judge enforces this with absolutely no stated reason.
And I understand this is not unusual.
I raised my child to the age of 7.5, and then she was taken from me for no reason, other than an unwritten "tender years" doctrine.

Unknown said...

Wow. Everything I'm reading is exactly what I went through but I'm an the mother. My son was raised to hate, & never want to be with me, his step father or baby sister. His father from a very young age has brainwashed my son against myself & my side of the family. It's so bad now that his father has moved my son away & doesnt "allow" my son to communicate with me on the phone, emails, or text messages. I constantly have the feeling that I'm loosing my son. Actually I've already lost him. It's sad when the fathers can't get over their exes & feel the only way to truly get back at the mother for leaving is to brainwash their child. Very very sad.